What is Our Return Policy?
Please note our return policy varies depending on the item/s you are considering for purchase.
The following 2 item types are explained below:
- Finished Jewelry items
- Custom Handmade Jewelry items
Finished Jewelry Orders:
We offer a 14 day item inspection period for you to examine and review your finished jewelry item. The 14 day inspection period will star upon the your receipt of the item from the shipping carrier. Should you decide are not completely satisfied with your item, you can return it for a refund of the item’s value. Shipping and handling charges for returning the item will be charged to the customer’s account.
1. While you have possession of any item you are fully responsible for its value and care.
2. Jewelry must be returned in a new and unused state, in perfect condition, with all protective materials in place and tags and stickers attached to them (if applicable), as well as with the original box and delivery package, including all accessories and documents.
3. Neil Lane Couture will not accept any return if the product shows signs of wear, or has been used or altered from its original condition in any way.
If you need an extended inspection period, special circumstances can be agreed upon; however, they must be done so prior to the shipment of your item. Please contact us at 310-275-5015 to make special arrangements for an extended inspection period.
For Custom Orders, aka "Design Your Own Ring/Jewelry" Orders:
Upon placing an order for one of Neil Lane Couture’s Diamond Engagement Ring and/or Wedding Band using the “Design Your Own Ring” engine, the ring/band will be meticulously handmade and crafted in our Los Angeles workshop by our skilled artisan jewelers.
There are 2 primary costs that go into making a custom order and we have different policies on which can be returned:
- The Center Diamond: The center diamond used in the design can be returned for a full refund within 14 days after receiving the item.
The Setting and Materials Used: Each setting (including side stones) is handmade to fit the precise dimensions of the center diamond and the finger size of the client. Therefore, settings are not fully returnable and is subject to a 30% restocking fee.
Wedding Bands:All wedding bands are handmade to and are subjected to a 25% restocking fee + shipping fees.
Items must be returned in the same condition as they were sent. If the item is damaged in any way it will not be accepted for a refund. While you have possession of any item you are fully responsible for its value and care.
How to Return an Item?
1. If an item needs to be returned and falls within the 14 day timeline, please contact Neil Lane Couture at the following address: email@example.com or Call 310-275-5015
2. A return authorization number will be issued that would need to be put on the package being returned. All packages without an RA# will be denied.
Neil Lane Couture will provide a fully insured return shipping label at the customer’s expense.
All items must be returned in a new and unused state, in perfect condition, with all protective materials in place and tags and stickers attached to them (if applicable), as well as with the original box and delivery package, including all accessories and documents.
Depending on the value of the item you are returning, you will be given special instructions on how to send in a return.
3. Upon arrival of the item/s at our location and upon inspection you will receive and email confirming return approval and the issuance of the refund. Refunds will be credited using the same original method used to pay for the item.
If you paid by credit card, the charge will be credited back to your card. If you paid by check or wire transfer, a company check will be issued to the name on the account from which the purchase was made from.
Please allow up to 10 business days to issue the refund.
For Safe Returns, please note:
In order to deter potential theft, please do not write any words on the package shipping label that may allude to the contents of the package (such as ring, diamond, jewelry, etc.). Do not declare the exact nature of the contents you are sending.
NO insurance coverage OR value is to be declared on returned items. Our insurance company will issue insurance coverage on the return shipment once your RMA Number has been generated.
Where is Neil Lane Couture Located?
We are located at:
708 N. La Cienega Blvd
Los Angeles CA 90069
Our normal business hours are Monday through Sat, 11AM to 6PM. Our last appointment time is 5PM.
Where do you collect Sales Tax?
Neil Lane Couture is currently registered to collect sales tax for all California based sales.
Current sales tax rate is recorded at 9.5% rate from the total amount of the order.
Sales tax will be automatically applied to your order based on applicable CA state and local sales tax laws based on your shipping destination.
The terms contained herein are subject to change as taxation regulations continue to evolve. Neil Lane Couture continuously monitors state and local tax laws to ensure compliance.
Back To Top
What does "Status: Available" mean?
"Available" means just that – an item is available for immediate sale and delivery. If you would like to buy the item, you can complete the purchase process. You will receive confirmation of your order and will be notified when your item has been shipped.
At Neil Lane Couture we make an effort to ensure that all items listed are available to purchase at anytime. However, due to normal standard business operation and procedures, we can not guarantee that all items are available at all time. Neil Lane Couture reserve the ring to refuse or cancel any order for due to an item unavailability at the time of purchase weather or not it has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If you credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Neil Lane Couture will issue a credit to your credit card account for the amount of the purchase.
What is Neil Lane Couture Warranty & Guarantee?
Neil Lane Couture provides our customers with a Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects on all the jewelry.
If you believe an item has a manufacturing defect please contact us immediately. Our warranty does not cover repairs or alterations made by a 3rd party (another jeweler) unless a prior written agreement is made for repairs being authorized by a 3rd party (example: ring resizing, prong tightening). Repair or service performed by a jeweler without prior consent will void our lifetime warranty.
Manufacturing Defects will be repaired or replaced without charge.
Repairs / Damage / Normal Wear:
All types of jewelry can be affected by normal use, or accidents/trauma. This is especially true for rings worn on a regular basis, since hands and fingers are very active and subjected to multiple risks in damaging jewelry. Our manufacturing warranty excludes coverage for wear and tear and in rare instances of lost gemstones.
Some examples of common jewelry issues that would not be considered manufacturing defects include:
- Discoloration of gold/platinum caused by exposure to chemicals, Examples; cleaning acids, hot tubs used for bathing.
- Precious metals, and especially prong set gemstones can wear down over time and may require restoration.
- Thread in clothing can catch a loose prong over time; bending to everyday wear allowing a gemstone to fall out.
- The loss of a small diamond caused by an accident/trauma damage.
Repairs that are not covered under our lifetime warranty will be given a price quote by one of our professional service representatives for approval before work is performed.
How should I take Care Of My Jewelry?
With some simple, basic care, you can help preserve and protect your jewelry for years to come.
Gold and Platinum Jewelry:
* Aside from professional servicing/cleaning, most gold and platinum jewelry can be maintained with a non-abrasive jewelry cleaner. Make sure to inspect your jewelry on regular basis to ensure settings are snug and clasps and joints are secure.
* Avoid exposing gold jewelry to any common household bleach and acidic materials such as dishwashing soap, toothpaste etc., which will quickly cause gold to discolor and possibly disintegrate.
* Storing your jewelry safely. While not in use we recommend placing your jewelry back in its original case or another suitably lined box or pouch.
All care advise listed about applies to all jewelry items. However, gemstones jewelry, require special care.
* Make sure to protect your jewelry from impact against hard surfaces and avoid contact with abrasive surfaces. If hit with enough momentum or just at the right angle, even a diamond can chip. Many stones such as amethyst, emerald, kunzite, opal, pearl, peridot, tanzanite and tourmaline are very delicate and can easily be scuffed.
* Make sure to avoid stacking gemstone set rings and bracelets. Gemstones can scratch other gemstones and wear away at precious metals.
*Extreme temperatures, perfumes, cosmetics, ultrasonic cleaning and household chemicals can also damage jewelry.
Back To Top
Do you offer a military discount?
We are happy to offer a 5-10% discount for active duty military personnel and US servicemen and women.
A valid service email address or ID is needed for verification. These discounts cannot be combined with other discounts, sales, or promotions.
What are the accepted Payment Methods?
US Based Customers
We accept the following credit/debit cards:
VISA , MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, DISCOVER
Paying with a credit card is the safest and most secure way to pay; both the customer and the business are protected from fraud.
We also accept bank wire transfers and cashier checks. If you would like to pay via one of these methods, please contact us so we can manually process your order.
You are welcome to contact us at: 310-275-5015 between 11AM and 6PM PST if you have any questions about ordering an item or our accepted payment methods.
Payment in full is required before production begins for all orders with a custom setting option.
We only accept direct bank wire transfers for all international orders. We do NOT accept any other forms of payments. Shipping will be via USPS or Fedex international service with a full declaration of the item/s details and value.
Additional Verification For Orders
As a protocol to protect both our customers and business, we do require additional verification for any order of $20,000 and above as well as international orders.
For those orders, we will need a short video clip and/or copy of a photo ID and the credit card used. We do not use or distribute this information to any other parties and your private information is kept in an encrypted database in compliance with US PCI codes.
Shipping, Insurance and Liability
We ship package worldwide and depending on your location and the value of the item you purchase, your item will be sent via FedEx or United States Postal Service (USPS).
If your purchase is paid by credit card, ALL client details, including shipping addresses, must match the authorization information of the credit card used. If you would like your shipment sent to a non-confirmed address, you can arrange to add an "alternative confirmed address" with your credit card company.
If your order is paid by wire transfer we will ship anywhere you request.
Signature IS REQUIRED for all deliveries. Customers are responsible for all items after the package has been signed for.
Shipping for all orders is free of charge and includes all handling and full value insurance for all the item/s purchased.
All deliveries are sent to street addresses only. PO Boxes are not accepted as shipping destinations.
Please note: International shipments may be subject to customs fees, import duties, taxes, and other charges. These additional charges required for customs clearance are the responsibility of the recipient. Please contact us to inquire about import fees that you might be required to pay to FedEx. In our experience the fees and import duties have been minimal to most destinations.
Will I pay Import Duties / VAT?
VAT, Import Duty, Clearance:
VAT, Import Duties and clearance fees can vary depending on your country. Please contact your country’s border authorities to inquire regarding these fees prior to your purchase.